Coordinator, Services for Youth Transitioning from Care
CASA-NYC is a volunteer-based, not-for-profit organization providing advocacy for children and youth in New York City foster care. We are seeking a full-time Coordinator of Services for Youth Transitioning from Care (YTC Coordinator), who will be responsible for overseeing CASA’s services for current and former foster youth.
- Consult with staff and volunteers as needed on youth cases; provide expertise, resources and coaching on best practices in working with and supporting current and former foster youth, who are at high risk for homelessness, unemployment, incarceration, early pregnancy, exploitation and abuse, and other poor outcomes.
- Coordinate and facilitate comprehensive training for volunteer Advocates and staff on engaging and supporting youth aging out of the foster care system. This includes regular in-service training (at least monthly), training for new volunteers (at least four times annually) and an eight-hour intensive training for volunteer Advocates specializing in working with youth.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with youth service providers citywide; participate in citywide collaborative meetings related to services for youth; maintain current and in-depth knowledge of services and resources relevant to youth in and transitioning out of foster care.
- Present on CASA’s services to youth to Board of Directors, funders and other groups.
- Develop and implement a new Youth Leadership Council & Speaker’s Bureau. Recruit, train and support current and former foster youth to serve as youth leaders and trainers on issues related to the experiences of children and youth in foster care. Provide one-on-one coaching and support to these youth as needed. Assist these youth with the development and implementation of educational and employment of goals and action plans.
- Develop and maintain an online resource directory of services for youth in NYC. Manage the collection of and reporting on data on measures of safety and stability for youth.
- Oversee the Pregnant and Parenting Youth Initiative, which provides specialized training for volunteer Advocates on working with pregnant and parenting youth in order to prevent child abuse and neglect, and next-generation placement in foster care.
- Manage the solicitation and coordination of grants and donations for material goods for youth living independently, and their children.
- Assist in the development of new programming related to youth.
- Assist with grant proposals and reporting related to services for youth.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- LMSW, LSCW, JD or other relevant degree
- Two to five years of relevant post-graduate professional experience working with youth in foster care
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the NYC child welfare system, as well as services and resources for youth in NYC
- Excellent public speaking/training skills
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English or other) preferred
- Supervision experience preferred
- For social workers, SIFI preferred, or ability to obtain SIFI certification in first year of employment
- Professional maturity and ability to foster positive relationships with a diverse array of individuals and professionals
- Ability to work both independently, with strong initiative, as well as collaboratively with a team
CASA-NYC is a partner project of the Fund for the City of New York. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ-identified and differently-abled candidates to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package includes a 401(k) retirement plan with match, health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax transit costs and generous vacation.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted by CASA.